“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”
Coming soon in 2018: This FREE PDF will be available to download or be used from our site. Just like salt is made up of sodium and chloride or water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen, so too the different elements of the Theologetic Table can be combined in different ways to build a strong foundation of apologetic knowledge. Whether to aid in witnessing or the defense of Biblical doctrines, this resource can be very helpful. (May be “read-only” on certain mobile devices)
This page is dedicated to helping Christians witness by providing links to other sites and resources for specific types of situations. Anything from talking to Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Muslims, skeptics, agnostics and atheists. This is also a page to help aid believers in combating the wolves in sheep’s clothing like Universalists, “Christians” for homosexuality, and those proponents of the prosperity gospel. Everyone needs Jesus, it is our prayer that this page will help you tell others about Him and defend the Gospel!
The following are questions and statements that the Theologetic Table will help answer:
- Haven’t archaeologists proven Christianity is false?
- Isn’t it enough for Christians just to love others and be good examples of Christ?
- Why does general imperfection exist if God is perfect?
- Jesus was just a good teacher, the Bible doesn’t say Jesus was God.
- Doesn’t the need for everything to have a cause mean God had to have a cause?
- Isn’t it kind of absurd to think our souls are anything more than just our brains?
- Don’t some churches teach things like baptism being a requirement for salvation?
- Isn’t it more likely that the stories of Jesus rising from the dead were fabricated?
- I hear so many interpretations of the same Bible verses, how can I know the truth?
- How old is the Earth?
- Did God create the Earth in six literal days?
- Did God use evolution to create?
- Is it’s God’s will that true Christians are healthy and wealthy?
- Wasn’t the Bible made up by a specific group of people for their own agenda?
- If God is real, why doesn’t he show himself so there is no question of his existence?
- How does personal freedom show God exits?
- Isn’t it a paradox to believe God is all-powerful and that humans have free will?
- Doesn’t the Bible contradict other documents written around the same time-period?
- The theory of evolution has shown that we could have easily evolved without God.
- If Jesus was really God, why didn’t he just say so in the Bible?
- There’s no evidence Jesus believed the Old Testament was divinely inspired.
- Isn’t it more logical to believe no God exists then to believe God does exist?
- There is no objective truth.
- It’s arrogant to assume you can be certain something is true.
- Science is the only way to determine if something is true.
- It’s intolerant to presume that your view is better than someone else’s view.
- If God exists then why does he allow suffering and evil?
- What’s the Biblical definition of love?
- Isn’t it mathematically improbable for God to exist?
- I believe science has all the answers and can explain anything.
- The God of the Bible is evil.
- Doesn’t evil disprove Christianity?
- Isn’t the Bible just an out-dated book?
- There are no records of Jesus having ever really existed.
- Isn’t God just a made up concept?
- If God is all-knowing and all-powerful, what’s the point of prayer?
- Weren’t the prophecies in the Bible so vague that we cannot know their meaning?
- It’s possible nothing happens when you die so why not just live in the moment?
- Why don’t things like money, drugs, alcohol and pleasure ever seem to satisfy me?
- Hasn’t science proven that Christianity is wrong?
- I don’t understand how anyone can still believe in the Bible in this scientific age.
- Isn’t it a logical fallacy to believe a book is divinely inspired because it says so?
- I’ve heard that you have to speak in tongues to be saved.
- Did spiritual gifts cease after the apostolic age?
- Don’t wars committed by Christians disprove Christianity?
- What does it mean to be saved?
- Do babies go to heaven?
- Is salvation eternal?
- Isn’t it rational to believe that chance and evolution lead to life?
- All the different Christian denominations prove Christianity is false.
- Aren’t all religions basically the same?
- It is illogical to believe in the Trinity.
- If Jesus didn’t mention it then I don’t believe it was a word from God.
- We don’t even know if the Bible we have today is the same as the original writings.
- How did Moses know about the creation account when he wrote Genesis?
- Isn’t the Bible full of contradictions?
- I don’t think it’s important to believe in the virgin birth of Jesus.
- Can’t Christians mind their own business and let people believe what they want?
- Why does God require us to worship him?
- Needing salvation is absurd, people are generally good.
- There is an absence of physical evidence for Christianity to be true.
- Christians are hypocrites, they pick and choose which commands to obey.
More Specific Resources
Links to other sites do not indicate affiliation, just that we found that specific resource helpful
Witnessing to Mormons
Witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses
This web comic is about one simple verse that is a great starting point to open that door of conversation about who Jesus really is
What Do Greek Scholars Think of the Watchtower Society’s New World Translation of the Bible?
CARM – Jehovah’s Witnesses Examined
Witnessing to Muslims
Witnessing to Skeptics
If someone says God is an egomaniac
If someone says the apostles of Jesus were lying about the Resurrection
If God is good, why didn’t he make us perfect without sin?
CARM – List of answers for objections to Christianity
Witnessing to Atheists
This web comic makes the concept of morality easier to understand when someone takes the stance that God cannot exist because evil exists
This web comic helps give a response to a skeptic that thinks God should reveal himself if he is real
CARM – A very detailed look at atheism
Four major reasons people become atheists
Objections to “Christians” for Homosexuality
Combating The Prosperity Gospel
An encyclopedia of Biblical Christianity
Basic Apologetic Resources
Other Christian Resource Lists